Friday, February 6, 2015

Forever

The concept of immortality has always deemed to be interesting to me, which is perhaps the biggest reason as to why I had decided to give this show a chance. Still ongoing with only it's first season, it falls under the categorisation of crime and fantasy, courtesy of the main protagonist, Henry Morgan, who is an immortal medical examiner residing in New York. Not only can he not die, but he has stopped ageing as well, which has enabled him to gather an amazing array of knowledge and quite a remarkable set of observational skills which he puts to full use whenever examining a crime scene. 

The concept is most certainly an intriguing one and personally, I like the idea of watching someone who can never die, is exactly the one analysing the dead in order to make a living. The irony in that is not lost of course, but rather gives that interesting twist to the added complexity of the character. Each episode provides the viewer with a different murder case, and I think it's quite rapturing to witness Morgan's analysis methods, no matter how bizarre they appear to the normal eye. 

I suppose it is too soon to be making an in depth remark about the show but from what I've seen so far, it has the potential to be continued to further seasons. Some of the murder cases have minor plot twists as well, that keeps the audience compelled, rather then following with the clichĂ©s all the time. The recurring flashbacks about Henry's life during the 19th century is also very much a positive for it has helped me understand and connect with the character more. I guess I'll just have to wait and see just how far the creators are planning to go ahead with this one, but I definitely recommend it either way. 

Happy binge-watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment